I know everything I know

Monday, February 19, 2007

Diversity vs. Lawlessness

Let me preface my comments by saying that I am inspired by those who immigrate to our country legally. I welcome them. I call out to them to come in mass, for they are the only hope for the stagnant, apathetic attitude that grips most of our citizenship today.

Without the continued infusion of hard working, creative, hopeful and inspired, freedom seeking peoples, our nation will wither and die.

However, there is a process in place, flawed as it may be, which our laws govern. Therefore, to the question of diversity I say this:

Diversity yes. Lawlessness no.

Diversity is the very backbone of American society. Like an alloy, the synergy of our diverse societal components make us stronger than our individual parts; just as steel far exceeds the strength of iron. However, a society, just as with any complex system, can only be as strong as the bonds that hold it together. While some would suggest Freedom is the singular bond that holds our country in form, this simply isn't so.

Freedom holds our nation above others as a beacon, but it does not bind our society together or keep it from tearing itself apart; that force is law. The rule of law.

Without the rule of law, and in the face of Freedom, you have only anarchy. With anarchy, there is no nation…no country...no society.

To have a significant portion of our nation come about their citizenship by breaking the very rule of law that holds us together, threatens to destroy the very thing that our society is built on.

So to the would-be American, I say immigrate, but do so within the confines of the nation and society which you so long to be a part of.

No comments: